Sunday 23 November 2014

Narratives-Nareative

For the V&A project, the group partner of mine is joyce. We decided to go for Netsuke as our object. It took a long time before I realised we dont need to tells the narratives of the object itself but sort of expand the narrative into modern life and present it in a interactive way. We really lost a lot of time focusing on irrelevant areas.

At first I was really worry about the narrative of our object, as the object is quite obvious and simple in terms of telling a story. I read some "The Hare with Amber Eyes" trying to come up with a narrative that is compatible to interactive installation. Yet I just couldn't find a useful element in its historical content. Little did I know it can actually be a lot more simpler.

The narrative we are exploring and presenting does not have to be a historical fact or story, all we are looking for is a small element of its property and expand it into an experience which allows the participant be be exposed to the narrative we have chose and trying to tell. 

I was really baffling about the main outcome of the project and couldnt get over with my mind that I was trying to show the "history" of Netsukes instead of telling its potential "narrative"    


Overall, We wasted 2 weeks of time trying to come up with a narrative while other groups have already start making MAX/MSP patches and prototypes. This was a difficult start.

No comments:

Post a Comment